SCCM 2012 client does not retreive his DP list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a single SCCM 2012 client that never retreived his Distribution Point. From LocationServices.log, I can see the following...

Current AD site of machine is XXX <-- OK

Begin checking Alternate Network Configuration

Finished checking Alternate Network Configuration

Calling back with empty distribution points list

On the other side:

• This client properly gets his MP, WSUS server assigned
    • AD site / AD subnet / Boundarie group configuration looks good
    • I have other clients in the same subnet getting their DP without any problem

Any idea ?

Regards.

Monday, November 19, 2012 7:49 AM

All replies

• What is the contenttransfermanager.log file saying when you deploy a package to the device?

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Monday, November 19, 2012 8:07 AM
  • Check for overlapping boundaries?
    Monday, November 19, 2012 8:44 AM
  • ContentTransferManager contians plenty of rows like...

CCTMJob::UpdateLocations - Received empty location update for CTM Job {BDDC4AC7-71C9-4DE2-855A-30C6BA4C74F1}

Monday, November 19, 2012 9:42 AM
  • "overlapping boundaries", it was my initial guess... but as I have other clients in same subnet working fine (both with IP address "lower" and "higher" in the range).
    Monday, November 19, 2012 9:43 AM
  • It's not overlapping boundaries. CM12 use Content Location boundary Groups and those are unknown to CM07. Overlapping boundaries only occurs when working with assignment. Are you using IP ranges as boundaries and can you verify that those are added to a boundary Group that covers the subnet?

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Monday, November 19, 2012 9:48 AM
  • I am using "IP Adress Ranges" automatically created by Active Directory Forest Discovery.

For this specific case, the failing client has an IP of X.Y.Z.194, and is member of subnet X.Y.(Z-1).0/23

In SCCM I can see an IP address range has been created to cover from X.Y.(Z-1).1 to X.Y.Z.254, is assigned to the expected boundary group, which assign the expected DP.

In same range, I also have others SCCM clients with IPs of X.Y.Z.190, and X.Y.Z.196 working perfectly fine from SCCM perspective.

Regards.

Monday, November 19, 2012 12:27 PM
  • Have seen it with overlapping boundaries in CM2012, one with subnet and one with AD site.. worked if you checked the "allow fallback source for content" on the application.

Could try to remove the content and add it back to the DP?

Monday, November 19, 2012 1:16 PM
  • MP and WSUS, the client will get those off it's assigned site ... it does seem as if your client is not identified as being within a supported CM12 boundary.

Monday, November 19, 2012 10:12 PM