Software Deployment Adobe Professional 8 RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Hello,

So I have installed my SCE and it seems to be working fine.  I can get all the reports I need, push down all the patches, and use all the remote tools.  However I am unable to push down Adobe Professional 8 to two workstations in my network.  Now I think this may be becuase of the way I am building the software package so if that is the case please correct me.

How I built the package was I copied the entire CD to a folder called AdobePro8 on the system.  Then I started up the Create new Software package and deploy wizard.  I selected the setup.exe and included the subfolders which make the file size around 483mb.  After the package is done trying to convert / compress into a CAB for deployment I get the following error:  The creation of your package has failed.  Please ensure you have run The Feature Configuration Wizard, and that the package you are creating does not contain any single file larger than 500MB and try agian.  From here I am unable to go any further.

Next I tried creating the package with just the setup.exe file without the subfolders.  This created a successfull package and installed but it installed nothing on my workstation.

Next I tried creating the package with the AcroPro.msi and it created teh package successfully but when deploying it failed to install on the systems.

So I have tried everyway I can think of to deploy this package.  Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Also on a side note could someone verify if I am understanding the Publish to Add/Remove option.

Here is how I belive it works:

If you Publish to Add/Remove this gives the user the option to install the package.  (If this is how this works and the user has the choice how would the user go about installing it after it has been approved and published to Add/Remove if they have local admin rights on there computer)

If you DO NOT Publish to Add/Remove they are prompted to install the package at the time desginated either deadline or common update time.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:38 PM

All replies

• You might try following Jie-Feng Ren's directions regarding certificates at the bottom of this post:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2019331&SiteID=17 .

The way you initially went about creating your Installation should be correct, but since your total install size was less than 500mb I am guessing that no 1 file in the install was larger than that, so we are probably looking at another issue.

HTH,

Tim

Thursday, October 18, 2007 5:48 PM
  • Hey,

Thanks for the post.  Yeah i have tried Jie-Feng Ren's directions to add the WSUS certificates in the proper places.  Still have the same problem.  However I can deploy smaller packages just fine such as adobe reader ect.

Friday, October 19, 2007 4:14 AM
  • Hey,

Thanks for the post.  Yeah i have tried Jie-Feng Ren's directions to add the WSUS certificates in the proper places.  Still have the same problem.  However I can deploy smaller packages just fine such as adobe reader ect.

Friday, October 19, 2007 4:15 AM
  • Hi,

I'd liek to suggest you capture screen shots of the related symptoms with “%programfiles%\update services\logfiles\softwareDistribution.log and send them to SCEDATA@microsoft.com

Note:

Please include the following three lines in the email body:

Software Deployment Adobe Professional 8 

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?postid=2284252&siteid=17

Eric Zhang - MSFT

--------------------

Regards,

Eric Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, October 19, 2007 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while we will be changing the issue type to ‘Comment’.

If you wish to return to this question you can go ahead and change the type back to ‘Question’. Then you can edit your initial post and change the radio button at the top of the post editor window.

If the issue has been resolved, we’d love to hear your solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

--------------------

Regards,

Eric Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, October 26, 2007 8:46 AM