none
PM rejecting tasks does not place the task back into incomplete tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

First of all I have Project Server 2010, and SharePoint 2010. When a team member submits a task to the Project Manager and the PM rejects that task, then the task stays in the team member's "Completed Tasks" task view filter and does not return to the "All Incomplete Tasks" view.  We have email notifications turned off at the moment so there is no good way of telling if your task was rejected and if you have to do it again.  Users seem to think that in the past rejected tasks always reverted to incomplete and appeared in the "All incomplete Tasks" view.  I have no evidence of this and I have found two other similar questions which lead me to believe this never was the case: Here and Here

Also,  I have a workflow that auto-approves the PM's tasks.  It is very simple and has been running for months and we have no other workflows running.  I did not make this workflow but I can't see how it interferes since it is pretty basic.

A)  Am I correct that rejected tasks never automatically reverted to "Incomplete"?

B)  How do I go about constructing a workflow to place the task back in incomplete (I assume I would have to code in VS 2010)?

Thanks,

Friday, September 21, 2012 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hello Erickson,

If the resources are submitting 100% work on a task and if PM rejects this task, since the task in already complete, it will show under completed tasks. For this, resources should change the filter in the tasks to show "All completed tasks" it will be listed there.

But, for rest of the tasks which are not 100% complete and if PM rejects such tasks, they will show under normal "All Incomplete Tasks".

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Vikram - MSFT

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:03 PM