none
[URGENT] Replica Creation Failed RRS feed

• Question

• when I create a new protection group for my sharepoint farm, the replica gets created for the config database. However for all other databases in the sharepoint farm I am getting the error Replicate creation failed Prepare for backup operation for SQL Server 2008 database sp_content_database_001 (mirrored between server1 and server2) on server1 has been stopped because this operation depended on another backup operation which has failed or was cancelled (ID 302000) the problem is I don't know which operation did all the content databases depended upon? there is no way to get more information .... please help.

MSDNStudent Knows not much!

Monday, October 24, 2011 7:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you installed the DPM agent on both SQL servers in the mirror that stores your SharePoint database?

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 1:01 PM
  • I had installed the agent. I went into the logs and found that for some of the sharepoint databases the dpm service agent account does not have login permissions.

I made the account the dbo of all databases, and I repeated the configuresharepoint.exe setp and then it started to work.

this brings a question that what rights should the account which is specified in (configuresharepoint.exe -enablesharepointprotection) step ... what rights should this have on all shareponit dbs?

is dbo required? or any other smaller right would do?

MSDNStudent Knows not much!
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:38 AM