Microsoft edge-first use in morning RRS feed

• Question

• There is something strange going on when I first start my PC in the morning. When I open Edge the first time it acts like it's the first time I have run it and it looks weird. It asks if I want to import favorites from IE. If I close it and reopen it everything is back, my favorites, favorites bar and last pass.

All my other program run and act fine. Am attaching a capture of it below. I've run SFC /scannow which report no errors. Have also searched through the Events viewer to no avail.

Saturday, June 10, 2017 6:35 PM

All replies

• Do you open it from a standard shortcut \ the taskbar?

Have you tried resetting Edge. That will make it like it has never run and show the welcome page again. With Edge closed from a PowerShell prompt;

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

Sunday, June 11, 2017 3:01 PM
  • Maybe you ever run WSReset.exe or some other third-party software can execute this operation.

In fact, since it occurred randomly and has recover, I think you could ignore it

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Got it figured out. it seems that if you run Lastpass as have it shown at the top of Edge it resets Edge.As soon I put it to not show ,everything straightened out. 
    • Edited by Cyberwasp Friday, June 16, 2017 12:43 PM
    • Proposed as answer by -Mr Happy- Friday, June 16, 2017 1:15 PM
    Friday, June 16, 2017 12:42 PM