none
There is a view named Enterprise Entry in this Project which cannot be overwritten. Press OK to rename it or press cancel opening the project. RRS feed

All replies

• I have seen this recently where effectively I had to check out the Enterprise global and use the organiser to remove any views and tables which shouldn't have been there.  Make sure if you do this that you do it after you have closed all projects (including "project 1" which is opened by default).

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, January 3, 2019 10:21 PM
  • Hi,

I saw the Enterprise Entry in the Global but I thought that table created by default.

If I remove it 99 projects that used this maybe having issue.  There is only one plan that has issue with this table duplicated.  How can I remove the local Enterprise Entry from that plan.  I don't seem to be able to find the 2nd Enterprise Entry.

Thanks Ben.

NLuu

Friday, January 4, 2019 3:59 PM
  • That table is part of the global.  In all of these cases a duplicate entity exists in the project file's organiser that matches one that is being brought in when the Enterprise Global is being referenced, and the local one needs renaming.   Hopefully this is the case in your instance, renaming it once should do the trick, but if not, then it's a question of reviewing all of the entities in the both the Enterprise Global and that local file using the organiser.  If it's not there then I am unable to help further...

Friday, January 4, 2019 4:11 PM

• NLuu

Friday, January 4, 2019 4:51 PM
  • Ben 1 is global enterprise table and 2 is local file.  As you can see, I don't have a duplicate one in the local file as it pointed to global and I can't remove it.  Is it correct that a dupl. should be removed as per error message.  I don't want to remove the one in the global but local.  How can I remove it?

NLuu

Friday, January 4, 2019 4:53 PM
  • I cannot see anything....  did you attempt to post an image?

Friday, January 4, 2019 4:55 PM
  • Not sure why you don't see it. Here it is again. 

NLuu

Monday, January 7, 2019 11:14 PM
  • Thanks for the image. You need to remove the Enterprise Entry view from the local file using the organiser. There may also be a table called the Enterprise Entry which you should also check is not in the local file.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 6:08 AM
  • Paul, this issue is no longer an issue for me as I told the scheduler to name it to a new table but I was just curious about your comment "You need to remove the Enterprise Entry view from the local file using the organizer". If you look in the image, there isn't away for me to remove it from the local plan because the option is gray.  This tell me that the one that I have in the local file indeed belongs to the Global Enterprise bc there isn't a way to remove it. Where/what other method to find if there is an Enterprise Entry lurking in any other place?  Thought?

NLuu

Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:28 PM
  • Hi, it's Ben, not Paul.

If the object is in use at the time you open the organiser then it cannot be removed, and hence the option is greyed out. So the fix to this is to select a different view and then the option to remove that particular view will no longer be grey.

There is only this method for finding and fixing this type of issue.

Friday, January 11, 2019 8:17 AM
  • thanks Ben, sorry of the misaddressed earlier.  So the steps would be.

1) Select different table view in the plan

2) Go to the organizer in the plan and remove the Enterprise Entry from the right panel

3) The enterprise entry which has been removed is the local one and not the global one. --> can  you confirm 3. 

Thank you,

NLuu

NLuu

Monday, January 14, 2019 5:22 PM
  • Hi, 

For 3) the window indicates which project you are editing - make sure it says Enterprise Global.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:33 AM