none
System Center 2012 R2 DPM installed as VM backup another VM configured on the same host machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have following setup:

- Backup System: System Center 2012 R2 DPM installed as VM

I have two questions:

1) I want to protect a VM that happens to be on the same host with DPM, is it possible to do this kind of backup? the storage pool composed of vhdx using DAS.

2) I checked the document online about host/guest level backup, I installed the DPM agent on the host machine but I only want to backup particular VM on that machine, by definition it should be included in host level backup, but I only want to backup entire information about specific VM (related: VM configuration file, virtual hard drive(s), etc), is it possible to do this?

Thanks in advance,

JL.

• Moved by BrianEhMVP Wednesday, October 5, 2016 4:11 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have following setup:

- Backup System: System Center 2012 R2 DPM installed as VM

I have two questions:

1) I want to protect a VM that happens to be on the same host with DPM, is it possible to do this kind of backup? the storage pool composed of vhdx using DAS.

2) I checked the document online about host/guest level backup, I installed the DPM agent on the host machine but I only want to backup particular VM on that machine, by definition it should be included in host level backup, but I only want to backup entire information about specific VM (related: VM configuration file, virtual hard drive(s), etc), is it possible to do this?

Thanks in advance,

JL.

Yes, that is supported. As long as you don't backup the DPM VM itself.

Boudewijn Plomp | ITON Consultancy

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 17, 2016 12:40 PM