auto remove not reported computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is there a way to set an option for removal not reported computers in specific period of time (1, 2 month)?

I found the article dated 2006.

http://blogs.msmvps.com/athif/2006/04/26/stale-computers/

May some newer option. Don't see any in a new WSUS.

Thx.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:41 PM

Answers

• Hi pob579,

Seems the tool can not be downloaded any more in the link you provided.

Generally, we may run server cleanup wizard in WSUS console to delete computers not contacting the server in 30 days or more:

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Friday, June 17, 2016 3:07 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 6:35 AM

All replies

• Hi pob579,

Seems the tool can not be downloaded any more in the link you provided.

Generally, we may run server cleanup wizard in WSUS console to delete computers not contacting the server in 30 days or more:

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Friday, June 17, 2016 3:07 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 6:35 AM
  • You are right...

and I am basically do Clean Up monthly (trying :)

Thanks for the reminder. I just forgot that the option is actually there and predefined 30 days is fine.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Friday, June 17, 2016 3:07 PM