none
Buying a new Tape Library, Suggestions? RRS feed

• Question

• We bought an Overland Tape library a few years ago and it has been nothing but a piece of junk since. We finally have decided to buy a new library and so I could use some advice on some libraries other people would recommend. 

The requirements I would have would be: Our current library holds about 24 tapes so around that many would be best. I would like it to have room for at least 2 drives so that it can be doing two tape jobs at once. I would also prefer its connection to be iSCSI because we already have that card for the DPM server.

I have looked around for good tape drives but people just seem to link back to the approved library list which our library was on so I would prefer to not pick another library off that at random. If you have a specific model or even just a brand that you have gotten good results with any information would help.

We are running DPM 2010

Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:16 PM

Answers

• Closing for housekeeping.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:58 AM