none
Uninstalling "older'' Microsoft visual C++ redistributable updates. RRS feed

• Question

• Would it be ''safe'' to uninstall-''older'' Microsoft visual C redistributable updates,

while maintaining the ''newer'' updates at  the windows 7 programs & features page,

to (save) desired disk space.

LVP-Jan 26 2012*

Lee Payne
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Why do you want to remove this update? For more disk space? You can delete IE temporary files or system temporary files to save disk space, or move the large program  to other drive.

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2010 installed.

This package installs runtime components of C Runtime (CRT), Standard C++, ATL, MFC, OpenMP and MSDIA libraries.

If you don’t use visual c++, you can remove it.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by lee vernon Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:18 AM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Why do you want to remove this update? For more disk space? You can delete IE temporary files or system temporary files to save disk space, or move the large program  to other drive.

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2010 installed.

This package installs runtime components of C Runtime (CRT), Standard C++, ATL, MFC, OpenMP and MSDIA libraries.

If you don’t use visual c++, you can remove it.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by lee vernon Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:18 AM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 9:14 AM
  • Reply: I still have microsoft visual c++ updates on my (pc) from 2011*.

The (2010 versions) are the ''ones'' that I thought were (outdated*), for uninstalling.

LVP-Jan 30 2012*

Lee Payne
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:25 AM
  • I want to remove your update because you are a dummy. You should read your answer again, loser.
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 8:46 PM