Windows 7 Logon Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking to modify the logon screen on WIN7 x64 pro.

It's connected to a domain and currently after pressing ctrl+alt+del I get 2 boxes

One says Domain\Tommy, the other is 'other users'. However I want to have 2 boxes there saying 'Domain\Tommy' and 'Machine\Tommy'

Basically, when I'm in the office, I obviously connect to the domain, but when I take the machine home, I have to connect to the machine and then connect in via VPN

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, this feature cannot be achieved in Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:38 AM
    Monday, September 6, 2010 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, this feature cannot be achieved in Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:38 AM
    Monday, September 6, 2010 7:23 AM
  • I thought this was the case. It makes life quite awkward for my network users but I suppose they will have to cope with it as and when I upgrade them from XP.

Thanks for your help Linda!
    Saturday, September 11, 2010 10:23 PM