none
How to create this logic for my workflow in Visual Studio 2015 (Office Developer Tools) > SharePoint Project > Workflow?

Question

• Hi there

I am using "Visual Studio 2015 (Office Developer Tools) > SharePoint Project > Workflow".

How to do this workflow logic please?

- Workflow runs on a Custom List with several columns.
    - User can select several column, and each of selected column will start an Approval Task.
    - Each Approval Task goes to a different person as set in an XML file.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 6, 2017 11:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In general, the logic of approval workflow is that users create/edit items > trigger an approval workflow > workflow sends email to specific approvers.

What do you mean “users select several columns > trigger an approval task”? How users select several columns?

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 7, 2017 8:27 AM
  • Hi Dean

By Columns I mean fields of the custom list. Custom List has many fields, see this screenshot.
    User filling out this List form (NewForm.aspx) can check as many checkboxes as they like. Each of these selections should generate an Approval Task sent to a different email address (as set in an XML file).

In Visual Studio > Workflow it is asking me to hardcode (name of person or group to whom task should be assigned), which I do not want - I want it to pick email addresses from xml file for task assignment.

Thanks so much.

Friday, April 7, 2017 4:37 PM