none
HLK Insider Preview 17061 Strong Name Validation error RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I have a system with Windows 2016 Server. When installing the HLK 17061 kit I receive the  message listed below
    System has the latest updates and  installs and run HLK 1709 without issue.

Install did not complete successfully

An error occurred while installing the  "Strong Name Validation check for HLK install" errorFatal Error during Install

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob, not sure, if your question is still open since it has been posted over two months ago, but if so, please find below my information:

I had to install two test certificates and add two registry keys for the installation to succeed (has to be done for all preliminary versions on both sides, server and client). One of the registry keys disabled the strong name validiation check.

HTH and BR,

Matthias

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:50 PM
  • Hi Matthias,

Thank you for responding. I am now using the latest insider Preview HLK version 17095 and the install was successful.

For future reference, can you tell me which certificates and registry keys you used or point me to a link with the information. At the time I did a search and couldn't find any information.

Thanks Again,

Bob

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:51 PM
  • Hi Bob,

you're very welcome. 

The step is only necessary for preliminary releases - for those you should be able to find a ZIP file named "KitPreinstallV2" along side with the HLK ISO images. This file contains the two certificates and the two registry keys that have to be installed for the preliminary version to work.

BR,

Matthias

Monday, March 12, 2018 8:15 AM
  • Microsoft used to package the certificates with the pre-release kit packages that would allow these validation to pass. Those certificates are no longer part of these kits.

Disabling the validation check and running the installer again should help.

a. Install the Windows 10 SDK on your server

b. Run sn.exe from the SDK installation to disable the validation (run with admin privilege).

sn -Vr *.*

c. Run the kit installer again.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:41 PM
  • Thanks for the help!
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:32 PM