Office 365 - Export public folders or alternative RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In our company we use the public folders, and we have 33'000 (800 GB mails) which are on office 365 Online. We have big problems of slowness which poses worries for our users who use this on a daily basis.

Before the migration to office 365, we had them internally and we did not have problems of slowness. Now that they have been migrated, we would like to go back, because it is not possible to continue this way.

Would you know of tools that could help us export this? Software names?

What alternatives would we have in order to handle this? Alternatives to public folders?

Thank you in advance, best regards.

DPA

Friday, April 28, 2017 2:36 PM

All replies

• Going back is difficult.  You'd essentially have to roll back your public folder migration, the instructions for which is contained in the public folder migration documentation.  That rollback, however, will cause you to lose any content added after you migrated.

You might be able to improve the slowness by adding more public folder mailboxes and spreading the content among them.  Although I can't guarantee that it'll make everything better, it's the place I'd start.

There are alternatives to shared mailboxes, depending on what you are using them for.  Calendars might work just as well or even better in shared mailboxes.  Document repositories are probably better managed in SharePoint.  There's no easy one-size-fits-all solution to your dilemma and it's going to be a good bit of hard work to get you to a better place.

I've changed the thread type to a question because it is.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, April 28, 2017 11:54 PM