Skype for Business Conferencing with Polycom HDX 8000? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello together,

at the moment I encounter a little problem with the Polycom integration in our Skype for Business deployment.

The basic configuration is up and running and the Polycom system registered properly to the SfB Server.
    SfB to Polycom and Polycom to SfB audio-/video calls are working well.

But when I try to add another contact to the call, the conference can not be established.
    It is also not possible to add the polycom system to an existing conference.
    I always receive the message, that the user can not be reached.

In the SfB logs I can see that we always receive the "SIP 406 not acceptable" response.
    Skype to Skype Conferencing is working without any problems.

I read different guides etc. and tried to change the configuration but nothing solves the problem.
    The RTV key is installed and AES security is also set to "when available" in the Polycom system.
    I have tested two HDX 8000 systems, one with the latest firmware and the other one with an older firmware -> same problem

Do anyone of you use HDX systems in his deployment too and got it to work with conferencing?
    Thanks for any suggestions and help!

Nice weekend and greets,

Markus

Friday, September 16, 2016 2:17 PM

Answers

• Accepting the fact its not supported. Based on the logs you might want to check what Codec is the HDX trying to communicating with Skype for Business, their might be some config change on HDX to hardcode codec to talk to MCU on Skype for business.

or

Does Skype4B support Polycom old equipment HDX 7000/8000 models ?
    This is achievable using Polycom RealConnect technology, which allows multiple bi-directional video and content streams to be send/receive between Skype4B clients and standard room Endpoints. Contact your Polycom representative for more details

http://community.polycom.com/t5/The-View-from-APAC/FAQs-How-Skype-for-Business-2015-will-integrate-within-your/ba-p/74522

• Marked as answer by Markus_95 Wednesday, December 7, 2016 8:37 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 2:40 PM
  • Hello  Markus, 

I was trying to find the supportability and details for the the HDX models but looks like 8000 is not in the supported list and hence might be the reason we face issue here with the conference as the AVMCU part might not be supporting the device here in the list. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Markus,

The error “406 Not Acceptable” means:

1. This response indicates that the request cannot be processed due to a requirement in the request message.
    2. The Accept header field in the request did not contain any options supported by the UAS.

So please make sure:

a. Make sure contact’s Lync which was added isn’t offline
    b. Update Skype for business to the last: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2015/06/22/skype-for-business-2015-cumulative-update-list/
    c. Update Polycom HDX 8000 to the last 

Also, debug logging would be helpful to find clues:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47263 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688145.aspx  

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please make it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:59 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:00 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2016 9:01 AM
  • Hello  Markus, 

I was trying to find the supportability and details for the the HDX models but looks like 8000 is not in the supported list and hence might be the reason we face issue here with the conference as the AVMCU part might not be supporting the device here in the list. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:12 AM
  • Good evening together,

first of all thank you for your replies!

@Jim Xu
    1. The contact of our Polycom System is online
    2. Skype for Business Server are updated to the latest st version (CU3, June)
    3. The polycom system is updated to the latest firmware

I am quiet busy at the moment but will present you some debugging logs as soons as I have some time.
    The ms-diagnostics always shows the following error in the SIP 406 Message:
    1037;reason="Previous hop client did not report diagnostic information

@Akampa

Thank you that you have tried to find something.
    I also thought that this might could be a compatibility issue.
    Unfortunately I have no Lync deployment where I could test it.

Nice evening!

Greets,
    Markus

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:56 PM
  • Hello Markus,

Did you find any solution for this behavior? I also have same problem.

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Mahir

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:19 AM
  • Accepting the fact its not supported. Based on the logs you might want to check what Codec is the HDX trying to communicating with Skype for Business, their might be some config change on HDX to hardcode codec to talk to MCU on Skype for business.

or

Does Skype4B support Polycom old equipment HDX 7000/8000 models ?
    This is achievable using Polycom RealConnect technology, which allows multiple bi-directional video and content streams to be send/receive between Skype4B clients and standard room Endpoints. Contact your Polycom representative for more details

http://community.polycom.com/t5/The-View-from-APAC/FAQs-How-Skype-for-Business-2015-will-integrate-within-your/ba-p/74522

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 2:40 PM
  • Hi Mahir,

I am sorry for delayed answer.

I did not find any solution for this problem.

Based on the suggestions of the others I will contact Polycom and ask them.
    Otherwise I will accept that this will now work.
    Greets,
    Markus

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 8:39 AM