The Error Occurs When I Open Html5 Files on IE11 in Windows7 RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know about an error that happens on IE11 in WIndows7.

When I open html5 files, an error window with the message below shows up, and IE11 is forced to shut down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Exporer has stopped working

Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This error occurs as a Windows or IE11 error outside of JavaScript engine.

The name of the module where the error occurs is “mshtml.dll”.

There is a problem within the loadManifest function contained in html5 files.
    But the loadManifest is a common processing by CreateJS(PreloadJS) - JavaScript library provided by Adobe Inc. Moreover, no JavaScript error is found in this case.

Also, the error has been found only in the html5 files that contain both images and sounds.
    I have never seen this error in the html5 files with images only, or sounds only, or none of them.

Is this error on IE11 specific to Windows7?

Or can it be happened in Windows8.1 or Windows10 if I use IE to open html5 files?
    Also, can it be happened on Edge in Windows10?

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The error occurs because of the Adobe Library CreateJS, which is using ActiveXControl to feature test for Shockwave/Adobe/MS Shockwave Flash Object.

Have you checked with adobe for updates for THEIR software?

You need to run windows update to upgrade your version of windows, IE11 and the Adobe Flash ActiveX controls that IE and desktop applications are using.

In Internet Options>Advanced tab, check "Use GPU rendering instead of software rendering".... restart your computer for the changes to take affect.

ActiveX controls and Flash are being fazed out. You should code to modern standards and use HTML5 media and rich content replacements for plugins and activeX controls. IE has security restrictions for internet and intranet domains.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/out-of-date-activex-control-blocking

Flash can also be blocked by IE's ActiveX filtering. see

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ie/2011/05/02/activex-filtering-for-developers/

Post questions about web site development to stackoverflow.com (Internet Explorer or Adobe groups). If possible include with your questions a link to your website, or jsfiddle mashup. Copy and paste the output from your browser dev tool Console with your questions....

If you are developing/maintaining a legacy intranet application, mention as such in your question. Your company should be using Enterprise Mode site lists to manage IE11 emulation modes for continued support for legacy ActiveX technologies. see the above blog article on blocking of out of date activeX controls.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 4:57 AM