An error occurred while enabling enterprise feature RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to upgrade the license of our sharepoint servers from standard to enterprise license. At the end of the upgradation process, I get the error 'An error occurred while enabling Enterprise features. Refer to the event logs on your server machines for more details'.

Google search brought up articles suggesting to add the account running timer service to the local admin group on all the servers in this farm. This was not successful. So, I tried to log in to the server using the above account (account running timer service) and tried to upgrade the license. Again, got the same error.

Some of the errors I had on the even log of the servers are:

Failed to register SharePoint services.

An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdatedConcurrencyException was thrown. Additional exception information: An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object SearchAdminWebService was updated by XXX , in the PSCONFIG (8708) process, on machine XXXXX. View the tracing log for more information about the conflict.

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdatedConcurrencyException: An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object SearchAdminWebService was updated by XXX, in the PSCONFIG (8708) process, on machine XXXXX. View the tracing log for more information about the conflict.

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.StoreObject(SPPersistedObject obj, Boolean storeClassIfNecessary, Boolean ensure)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.ISPPersistedStoreProvider.PutObject(SPPersistedObject persistedObject, Boolean ensure)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.BaseUpdate()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebService.Update()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.InstallServiceInConfigDB(Boolean provisionTheServiceToo, String serviceRegistryKeyName)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.InstallServices(Boolean provisionTheServicesToo)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.Run()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask()

2.  Configuration of SharePoint Products failed. Configuration must be performed in order for this product to operate properly. To diagnose the problem, review the extended error information located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS\PSCDiagnostics_10_11_2011_14_35_56_381_641101992.log, fix the problem, and run this configuration wizard again.

3. The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Administration.SkuUpgradeJob (ID b5bf1272-3e7d-4167-a08c-10e7d520023e) threw an exception. More information is included below.

Post setup configuration failed when attempting post setup configuration task -cmd services -install -cmd installfeatures

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Administration.FormsMaintenanceJobDefinition (ID aaf1f367-6089-4144-8ee3-9dc77308a61b) threw an exception. More information is included below. 

Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\0ed32e74f24f43178514729aff462c50\1b79e64b094546ff9258797213150bd0.94604504029048aa9fc5b0054d3f9132.14.0.0.0.persistedfile' is denied.

Could some one please help me to resolve the above issue.

kind regards,

Anu

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:21 PM

Answers

• Try to run the SharePoint Product Configuration Wizard to repair your installation. Then try to Upgrade the license again.
    Francois Lessard
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:59 PM