none
Windows 7 WDS deployment

Question

• I have installed a Windows 7 Enterprise reference image. I have added a Windows 7 boot image on my WDS server and created a capture image, I have added the Ethernet and the storage driver to the boot image. When I PXE boot the refernce computer with the capture image the WINPE is not loading, the green bar runs from side to side for a sec. and then black screen, I have tried to leave the computer for some hours but still black screen.

Any idears?

Thursday, June 11, 2015 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I consider this issue can be caused if the driver you added into boot image fail to install.

Please try the suggestions in this article:

Error message when you start a PXE client to connect to a WDS server on a Windows Server 2003 SP1-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer: "WdsClient: An error occurred while starting networking"
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923834

Post back the setupapi.dev.log if you fail to get this issue resolved by above suggestions.

Keep post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 12, 2015 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I consider this issue can be caused if the driver you added into boot image fail to install.

Please try the suggestions in this article:

Error message when you start a PXE client to connect to a WDS server on a Windows Server 2003 SP1-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer: "WdsClient: An error occurred while starting networking"
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923834

Post back the setupapi.dev.log if you fail to get this issue resolved by above suggestions.

Keep post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 12, 2015 5:50 AM
  • I have resolved the issue by exporting the capture image mounting and unmount it with dism and added it to WDS again.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:34 AM