Error Message when save or submit timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Server 2007.

When the user save the timesheet . the following Error message is displayed .

why this Error message is appearing .

"the timesheet is being processed by the system and is unavailable. The data shown above is that last successful save of the timesheet .changes have been saved to the server and will process in the order received"

Basim Alvi
    Monday, October 4, 2010 12:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Basim,

I expect a related job still in process in queue. You need to cancel this one before you can move on with your timesheet. In this situation, it can happen that job is not cancelled. In this case, you need to restart your services. After that, job can be (or is already) cancelled.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Monday, October 4, 2010 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hello Basim

I sounds as thought the user click the "SAVE and SUBMIT" and is also the "Status Manager" for the task.  The system will automatically approve that time.

Open up the project and expose the column "Status Manager" and see if that is the same as the user.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, October 4, 2010 1:19 PM
  • Hi Basim,

I expect a related job still in process in queue. You need to cancel this one before you can move on with your timesheet. In this situation, it can happen that job is not cancelled. In this case, you need to restart your services. After that, job can be (or is already) cancelled.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Monday, October 4, 2010 2:55 PM
  • Hi Basim,

Please try posting on the Project Server General Questions and Answers forum:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general.  Please see FAQ Item: 52 Find a Forum.   FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at this web address:  http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Mike Glen
    Project MVP

Monday, October 4, 2010 3:15 PM