none
Unable to remove File Share from HOSTS

Question

• Hi,

I cannot remove file share from some hosts but I cannot understand why.

The "Remove" button from Hosts->Properties->Storage->File Shares is grey, only from one host I removed.

Could you help me?

thanks

Mario

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Mario,

Are these hosts in a Failover Cluster?

If so, you should open the Properties of the Hyper-V Cluster, NOT the host, and at 'File Share Storage', you can just remove the file shares.

By the way, what's the version of the SCVMM?

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:44 AM
  • Hy Andy,

thanks for you answer.

Are these hosts in a Failover Cluster? -> YES

If so, you should open the Properties of the Hyper-V Cluster, NOT the host, and at 'File Share Storage', you can just remove the file shares. -> This section is empty but on host properties there's a file share storage but I cannot remove

By the way, what's the version of the SCVMM? -> 2012 R2 UR13

Thanks

Mario

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:22 AM
  • To understand better on the following, the properties of Hyper-V host picture

Thanks

Mario

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:29 AM
  • Hello Mario,

Firstly, please go to Fabric - Storage - Providers, and check out the status of file server, make sure it's Responding.

Then, please go to Fabric - Storage - File Servers, and make sure the file shares are managed.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:39 AM
  • Hello Andy,

all was OK.

Share Managed and responding.

I removed the shares from the fabric but remain linked on the hosts and not on all.

I think there's a powershell command to run on the hosts?

Thanks

Mario

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 10:09 AM
  • Hello Mario,

Basically, if the host is part of a cluster, registering or removing file shares must be performed at the cluster level.

Could you please perform a refresh on the cluster, and view the result from the Jobs?

In addition, please add the file shares to the cluster. If it's successful, then remove it from the cluster. 

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:55 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Sorry for my delay, I was very busy.

I refreshed the cluster but is always visible from the properties of hosts of VMM.

When I refresh the cluster in the jobs section, complete w/info and give in the summary "Error 26274 VMM could not access file share \\servername\sharename"

Only on one node is not visible.

I tried to add and remove yet some time ago but is persist.

Thanks 

Mario

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:13 PM
  • Hi All,

some ideas for this issue?

thanks

Mario

Monday, August 27, 2018 3:38 PM