outlook 2010 PST file problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

we are using Mdeamon as our mail server. we are getting a new strange problem problem on outlook 2010 regarding PST files. as soon as i delete a PST file, the user gets his last 200 messages from our server again. the messages are old and the user has already recieved them. when i check the mail server there is not any message in his queue but i don't know why the user is getting his old messages again!

i would appreciate your help,

thanks and regards,
    Bahman
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Bahman,

If you set the option to keep a copy of emails in server, then the emails will stay in server and it will not permenanently download and delete the emails from server.

To check the settings...

Tools - Account Settings - click “More Settings…”.
    After dialogue box of Internet E-mail Settings appearing, choose “Advanced” tab.
    Mark check box “Leave a copy of messages on the server’ in Delivery option.

If that option is checked, then those 200 emails may be in server and if you rename the pst or delete the pst. new copy of email that are present in the server will get download.

Inform if any doubt

• Proposed as answer by Rajkumar-MCITP Saturday, September 10, 2011 12:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Evan Liu Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:37 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Bahman,

If you set the option to keep a copy of emails in server, then the emails will stay in server and it will not permenanently download and delete the emails from server.

To check the settings...

Tools - Account Settings - click “More Settings…”.
    After dialogue box of Internet E-mail Settings appearing, choose “Advanced” tab.
    Mark check box “Leave a copy of messages on the server’ in Delivery option.

If that option is checked, then those 200 emails may be in server and if you rename the pst or delete the pst. new copy of email that are present in the server will get download.

Inform if any doubt

• Proposed as answer by Rajkumar-MCITP Saturday, September 10, 2011 12:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Evan Liu Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:37 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:29 AM
  • Hi, Just want to say thanks, i didn't have time to check it but it seems to be the solution for my problem. I will let you to know if there is any other problem with that. There is a another question about Outlook 2010, what is suggested contacts and what's the difference between suggested contacts and standard contacts? Thanks and regards, Bahman
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 11:17 AM
  • This is a list of everyone you've emailed and everyone who has mailed you who isn’t already in your contacts folder. So when you’re typing a name into a new message, Outlook will look in here to see if it can find the email address for you. You can also drag addresses from here into the main Contacts folder if you want.

Thank you

Saturday, September 10, 2011 12:41 PM