IE8 does not work if started before Network found RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know if this is a bug, but if IE8 is started before the Network acquires internet access ... I could not go anywhere despite after internet access is acquired.

I appreciate that IE use to display Page Not Found if the Network has not acquired internet access yet, but it will work consequently after acquiring internet access.

Have you encountered this problem too?
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:56 AM

Answers

• Hi hsung,

Please first bypass the router and connect your computer to the network directly. If the issue persists, please reset IE by the steps below:

Reset IE

======

Note: the following steps will disable installed add-ons and reset IE to default settings. We need to re-enable the add-ons after resetting

1. Click the Start Button, type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.

3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

4. When it finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK twice.

If it does not work, you can test it in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

In addition, please also refer to Why is my Internet connection so slow? This article shall be suitable for Windows 7 as well.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Linda

Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:55 AM

All replies

• I'm not quite sure I understand.  IE is not working after the internet is connected?
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:46 PM
  • What I mean is IE will not go to any webpage until it is restarted despite taskbar's Network icon shows internet access.  I noticed sometimes the Network takes some time to establish an internet connection.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:39 AM
  • Hi hsung,

Please first bypass the router and connect your computer to the network directly. If the issue persists, please reset IE by the steps below:

Reset IE

======

Note: the following steps will disable installed add-ons and reset IE to default settings. We need to re-enable the add-ons after resetting

1. Click the Start Button, type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.

3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

4. When it finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK twice.

If it does not work, you can test it in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

In addition, please also refer to Why is my Internet connection so slow? This article shall be suitable for Windows 7 as well.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Linda

Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:55 AM