Vista Ultimate - Update utility corrupted RRS feed

• Question

• I have Vista Ultimate Pro installed.  The Internet security program is ESET.  I also have Microsoft Office 10 Pro installed.

We lost power during a significant security upgrade, and now the Update process no longer works;  I have 11 updates downloaded waiting tor installation.

I have tried all the suggestions on the Microsoft Forums, e.g. cmd prompt DOS, Regedit, etcetera. I have tried to run the repair approach by inserting the original Vista disk, but the Upgrade option is greyed out.  I would suggest because there is nothing to upgrade too!  

All service packs have been installed and the machine is regularly maintained (it is a business PC) using RegCure Pro, Diskeeper, etc.  I also make File and system backups using Acronis.  I am loath to use last backup as since that last one I have installed Office 10 Pro and while attempting to fix a problem with Outlook the system informed me that I have run out of licences, mine is legal!.

The OS and programs are running OK.  Any advice help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Monday, June 3, 2013 10:11 AM

All replies