Word 2010 Fields and Bookmarks <> Hyperlinks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using Word 2010.

I currently have a Word Form Field that has a Bookmark assigned against it called Link.

Using the Hyperlink Form Field, I would like to generate a hyperlink that adds the entry in the Link Bookmark to the end.

Regards

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:12 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish... Why do you need to hyperlink to the form field? The reason I ask is that (in a protected document), you can Tab between the fields.

If you want to repeat the data entered into the form field, make use of a cross-reference (REF) field: { REF bookmark_name }. For more, see item 2 (On-Line Form) in the article at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/repeating_data.html.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Friday, August 2, 2013 5:52 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish... Why do you need to hyperlink to the form field? The reason I ask is that (in a protected document), you can Tab between the fields.

If you want to repeat the data entered into the form field, make use of a cross-reference (REF) field: { REF bookmark_name }. For more, see item 2 (On-Line Form) in the article at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/repeating_data.html.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Friday, August 2, 2013 5:52 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Monday, August 5, 2013 10:14 AM
  • Hi,
    I'm marking the stefan's reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.
    If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 11:51 AM