locked
Tickets are not raising post migration of impersonation email addresses to Office 365 in SCSM RRS feed

  • Question

  • Tickets are not raising post migration of impersonation email addresses to Office 365 in SCSM . Can someone help us what could be the reason. Will that be issue with Exchange URL OR Workflow account?
    Monday, July 31, 2017 3:08 PM

Answers

  • Hi

    I assume you are using the Exchange Connector.  There are a lot of things that can go wrong with the Exchange Connector - I wrote a blog on the common errors and also on how to enable better logging.

    Some things to check or look at include:

    • Have you checked the status of the connector - has it run successfully?
    • Have you checked the mailbox status - are there emails Unread (ie not processed) or read (ie processed)?
    • Do you have any errors in the logs?
    • Or when the connector was reconfigured for Office 365?
    • On the Exchange Connector settings are you using Autodisccover or an Exchange URL?

    Hopefully one of these gives you a clue as to what is happening.

    Regards

    Glen


    Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Thursday, August 3, 2017 7:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Wednesday, December 27, 2017 10:14 AM
    Monday, July 31, 2017 9:04 PM
  • Hi

    Are you still using Impersonation? Or have you configured a Run As account? I would suggest a Run As account might be better. 

    Have you tested the connection in the Exchange Connector? Is this the Status check you did?

    You can increase the logging on the Exchange Connector and it might give you more detail. They are logged to teh Operations Manager log in Event Viewer. Check out this blog post I wrote where I have collected as many errors as I could find with the Exchange Connector and gives steps to increasing logging: www.xapity.com/single-post/2015/11/12/Exchange-Connector Also check the Office 365 steps outlined in the blog.

    By checking the mailbox, I mean log onto Office 365 and open the mailbox. Then send a message into it. Wait until the Exchange Connector runs. If the email gets marked as read, then the Exchange Connector is processing the contents of the mailbox and it is not creating the job in SCSM. The problem is more likely on the SCSM side. If it stays unread then the exchange connector is not reading the mailbox and I would start looking at the reasons why it could not connect to Office 365.

    Regards

    Glen


    Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

    Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:39 PM

All replies

  • Hi

    I assume you are using the Exchange Connector.  There are a lot of things that can go wrong with the Exchange Connector - I wrote a blog on the common errors and also on how to enable better logging.

    Some things to check or look at include:

    • Have you checked the status of the connector - has it run successfully?
    • Have you checked the mailbox status - are there emails Unread (ie not processed) or read (ie processed)?
    • Do you have any errors in the logs?
    • Or when the connector was reconfigured for Office 365?
    • On the Exchange Connector settings are you using Autodisccover or an Exchange URL?

    Hopefully one of these gives you a clue as to what is happening.

    Regards

    Glen


    Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Thursday, August 3, 2017 7:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Wednesday, December 27, 2017 10:14 AM
    Monday, July 31, 2017 9:04 PM
  • We have migrated mailbox to Office 365. Please note that impersonation email and SMTP email address is same.

    • Checked status n Exchange connector, it runs successfully
    • Exchange connector setting is using URL (Office 365)

    How we can check mailbox status OR logs in SCSM?

    Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:58 PM
  • Hi

    Are you still using Impersonation? Or have you configured a Run As account? I would suggest a Run As account might be better. 

    Have you tested the connection in the Exchange Connector? Is this the Status check you did?

    You can increase the logging on the Exchange Connector and it might give you more detail. They are logged to teh Operations Manager log in Event Viewer. Check out this blog post I wrote where I have collected as many errors as I could find with the Exchange Connector and gives steps to increasing logging: www.xapity.com/single-post/2015/11/12/Exchange-Connector Also check the Office 365 steps outlined in the blog.

    By checking the mailbox, I mean log onto Office 365 and open the mailbox. Then send a message into it. Wait until the Exchange Connector runs. If the email gets marked as read, then the Exchange Connector is processing the contents of the mailbox and it is not creating the job in SCSM. The problem is more likely on the SCSM side. If it stays unread then the exchange connector is not reading the mailbox and I would start looking at the reasons why it could not connect to Office 365.

    Regards

    Glen


    Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

    Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:39 PM