Email slow to appear in Inbox RRS feed

• Question

• We recently have had a few users complain that emails sent to them do not appear in the mailbox for minutes at a time. I did a message track on a few of the message to see if there was some delay in the transport but latency from database to database was less that 1.5 seconds. We have a few addins in our environment but I don't don't if they are causing an issue. Non are new and the problem seemed to have just started. I have enabled logging in Outlook but I'm not sure what to look for in the logs. How can I troubleshoot this issue?  We are on Exchange 2013 CU19 and Outlook 2010/2016 cached mode.
    Friday, August 10, 2018 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this issue affect only a part of users or it occurs to all users in the same environment?
    If only affects some particular users, are they running the same build of Outlook?

To help confirm if the issue is related to the add-ins, please try running Outlook in safe mode (Press Win+R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and see if there will be any improvement.

Besides, it is suggested to try switching between Exchange cached mode and online mode to check if there is any difference.

Any findings, please feel free to post back. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 13, 2018 5:52 AM
  • Thank you. We have seen a few users report this so far. Maybe 1% of the users. They are all on the same build and desktop support has assured me they have seen this in online mode and also in safe mode. I turned on the logging for a few days and the called me a told me that she had just seen the issue. I pulled the Outlook logs but there are a few different logs and not sure which ones I should be looking for and what I should be looking for. 
    Monday, August 13, 2018 7:58 PM