Unable to Connect to Database RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble using the Personal Website starter kit in VS2005. When I try to run the site the first time using CTRL + F5 I get the following message:

"Database 'I:\PRACTICE\WEBSITES\AMSCV\APP_DATA\PERSONAL.MDF' cannot be upgraded because its non-release version (607) is not supported by this version of SQL Server. You cannot open a database that is incompatible with this version of sqlservr.exe. You must re-create the database."

I'm using SQL SERVER EXPRESS 2005 and Microsoft Management Studio Express, and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing SQL, but the error persists. I've even tried running the site from MS Web Developer 2008, with the same results. I've also noticed that I'm unable to connect to the Northwind database, and I get an error that reads:

"This server version is not supported. You must have Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Beta 2"

But when I looked up the Beta 2 version it seemed to be an older version (I'm running Windows 7). Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Dre---

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:27 AM

Answers

• maybe this link can help you

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/106927/personal-web-site-starter-kit-doesnt-connect-to-database?wa=wsignin1.0

• Proposed as answer by Tom Li - MSFT Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tom Li - MSFT Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:53 AM

All replies

• maybe this link can help you

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/106927/personal-web-site-starter-kit-doesnt-connect-to-database?wa=wsignin1.0

• Proposed as answer by Tom Li - MSFT Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tom Li - MSFT Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:53 AM
  • change the database compatibility level and try
    Rajesh Kasturi Please click the Mark as Answer button if my post solves your problem.
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:09 PM