Applying a document library filter from within a list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Just had a strange and surprising issue. I have a site that has multiple document libraries and lists. Most of the libraries have been configured with filtering panels on the left for filtering by metadata. From within such libraries users are able to filter by metadata without any issues.

Interestingly a user has created a sharepoint list entry within this site and through the editing of one on the fields has gained access to the insert menu at the top of the edit property page. They have tried to insert an item from sharepoint which has given them a view of all the libraries on the site. When the user selects a library it gives them a view of the content of the library and the filters for the library.What it doesn't do which is annoying is respond to you applying a filter from this location. In other words, I'm in a list in sharepoint but have accessed a library and trying to apply a filter that the llibrary has with an intent to locate a document and link it to my list item.

Please, is this possible?.If yes please may I know what setting I need to be looking at?

Monday, November 28, 2016 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is there any update?

If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by dnanna Friday, December 9, 2016 2:38 PM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you want to click an item in list, it redirects you to a library with filtered contents?

If yes, you can insert hyperlinks in list, and filter library content by URL value.

The format of the link column value is:

<the URL of the library>/Forms/AllItems.aspx?FilterField1=[the column name]&FilterValue1=[the filtered value you want]

If I misunderstand, please provide some screenshots about the filtered library and list.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Edited by Dean_Wang Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:43 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

• Marked as answer by dnanna Friday, December 9, 2016 2:38 PM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 12:45 PM
  • Hi Dean,

Apologies. Yes, it did.

Thanks,

Dominic

Friday, December 9, 2016 2:38 PM