McAfee’s Security Centre not compatible with Windows 7 RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• seems mcafee enterprise 8.5 is not compatible either
    Monday, January 12, 2009 6:37 AM
  • im using Kapersky Internet Security 2009

Monday, January 12, 2009 6:40 AM
  • its not compatible but it still works fine the only thing that happens is you get the error box that says this program is no compatible but if you click run program it works fine. what other problem do you have with it?
    Monday, January 12, 2009 10:19 AM
  • Were you able to install McAfee on W7?  I tried installing the McAfee security suite from AT&T DSL, got the not compatible error, selected to run anyways, then received an error from McAfee stating it wasn't a supported OS.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:05 AM
  • I upgraded from vista where my McAfee was originally installed so the instlation carried on over.

one problem I am having is letting windows update through the MaCafee firewall and i cant find the exceptions place in McAfee security suit for websites..
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:49 AM
  • I spoke to Mcaffe and they say they have no intentions of supporting Windows 7 while it is still in the testing stages. I have a subscription with Mcafee that will not be getting renewed if that is their attitude.
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:16 PM
  • The only known supported Anti-Virus Solutions are posted on a couple of sites.

The Windows 7 Team Blog and the Microsoft Security Providers Page.

Anything other than those listed will be a use at your own risk.  As they are not known to be working.

~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    • Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Friday, January 16, 2009 5:58 AM
    Friday, January 16, 2009 5:58 AM
  • I started using AVG 8.0, so far I'm very happy...
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 4:26 AM
  • The supported anti-virus programs are on the windows 7 site and the mcafee anti-virus program is there, but it is not compatible with win 7. I am using it and it will not allow windows update or windows live messenger to run unless you turn off its firewall. The firewall is configured to allow these programs full access but it still wont allow them to work. I have used mcafee's virtual technician to diagnose and fix the problems. It sorted the issue with messenger but still will not let windows update run. I still need to turn off the firewall to be able to update.
    • Proposed as answer by adi joshi Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:57 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 2:38 PM
  • I was contacted by McAfee and was asked if I would like to beta test McAfee. Of course I said Yeah. So far no issues with McAfee on Win7 except it takes an abnormal amount of time to connect to a https site.
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 10:38 PM
  • I used it. He say that he is working but actually is not.(the firewall is ******* bugged at least) Is not an good option anyway.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 12:29 PM
  • Weird, I was able to install the Comcast version of the McAfee security suite on Windows 7 RC 7100 x64 with no problems yet.  Did not have to run compatibility mode or anything like that.  I was surprised it just worked.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 6:55 PM
  • McAfee has had a beta for some time now, I've been using it with no problems at all. Windows 7 RC 7100 64 Bit
    Friday, July 10, 2009 7:06 PM
  • The McAfee Security Suite that comes with AT&T does NOT install on my laptop with Windows 7 beta (freshly installed).
    Monday, December 28, 2009 12:51 AM