SCCM client upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What are the previous versions of SCCM 2007 client will upgrade by SCCM 2012 R2 client? I mean, if my environment having different versions of SCCM 2007 client installed on the machines and I want to install now SCCM 2012 R2 client by using client push method to these machines, will it upgrade or not?

Thank you,

RR

Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:41 AM

Answers

• Any version of the CM 2007 client can be upgraded by the CM 2012 client.

Whether you're using Client Push, Script or Software Installation. Remember to include the new sitecode :-)

Martin Bengtsson | www.imab.dk

Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:23 AM
  • To upgrade SCCM Client automatic, In the Configuration Manager 2012 Console, browse to the Administration workspace, click on Site Configuration, Sites and select your Configuration Manager Site. Next you need to select Hierarchy Settings and browse to the Client Installation Settings tab and select the option “Upgrade client automatically when new client updates are available”.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

• Edited by Mai AliMVP Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:21 AM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:42 AM

All replies

• Any version of the CM 2007 client can be upgraded by the CM 2012 client.

Whether you're using Client Push, Script or Software Installation. Remember to include the new sitecode :-)

Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:23 AM
  • To upgrade SCCM Client automatic, In the Configuration Manager 2012 Console, browse to the Administration workspace, click on Site Configuration, Sites and select your Configuration Manager Site. Next you need to select Hierarchy Settings and browse to the Client Installation Settings tab and select the option “Upgrade client automatically when new client updates are available”.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

• Edited by Mai AliMVP Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:21 AM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:42 AM
  • Thanks for the update!

I am getting error pop-up "SCNotification has stopped working" in every 10-15 minutes once the SCCM 2012 R2 client is installed on the machine where SCCM 2007 client is present

Please suggest.

Thank you,

RR

Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:50 PM
  • Thanks for the update!

I am getting error pop-up "SCNotification has stopped working" in every 10-15 minutes once the SCCM 2012 R2 client is installed on the machine where SCCM 2007 client is present

Please suggest.

Thank you,

RR

Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:50 PM
  • Thanks for the update!

That error seem to be related to .NET 4.0. Can you try to reinstall .NET4 completely? What OS is this happening on?

Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:35 PM
  • Thanks Martin,

yes, that is correct i have observed that .Net got corrupted. But the issue is, the machines having Win 7 and having .Net v3.5 and in eventvwr it showing some error related to .Net v2.5 and non of the machines having .Net v4.0.

Friday, October 24, 2014 8:54 AM
  • Take a look at this tool: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2698555

I'd try to reinstall any .Net version on the client.

Friday, October 24, 2014 9:01 AM
  •  and browse to the Client Installation Settings tab and select the option “Upgrade client automatically when new client updates are available”.

That won't work for non-CM12 clients (as rrgogula was asking for).

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Friday, October 24, 2014 1:25 PM