none
Automatically Unlock Bitlocker to Go Drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have setup 5 external hard drives with Bitlocker to Go for backup purposes. I have plugged in each drive entered the password and ticked the box that says "Automatically unlock on this computer from now on" and unlock the drive. The problem is once I take that drive out and plug it in again it comes up with the same box wanting a password.

I need this for the auto backup to the external drives and once a day they are swapped out. I am running SBS 2011 Standard.

Any ideas would be great

Cheers

Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In my test it just works fine once checked the box.

It will create the following key if we choose to auto unlock a drive. So please see if the key created correctly:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FveAutoUnlock

As a test to could simply delete the key (backup it first) and redo the auto unlock step to see if it still works improperly.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 5, 2013 8:05 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks I tried deleting the key and letting it re-create. Still no go I tried it with just one drive and I cant get it to auto unlock. Is it something to do with SBS standard? 

Cheers

Monday, April 8, 2013 3:39 AM