none
IE file attachment issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a user who was using Internet Explorer to access his outlook.com webmail account.

He often attaches files from his 'documents' folder to emails.

A few weeks ago, when he tried to attach files from this folder though IE - the folder looks empty - no files available.

If he goes through File Explorer - all of his files are still there.

So he started saving files to his desktop, and attaching them from there.

Then last week, this folder starts shows up as empty (through IE/webmail) - but files are still there.

To troubleshoot I tried the following - opening up my personal webmail, and gmail in IE - both allowed me to attach files from any folder.

I tried his webmail in Chrome - it works fine.

I reset IE, tried again with his webmail - his files were there. We sent one email with an attachment - then we went back in, and it was showing these folders as empty again.

Any ideas what could cause this? Or how to fix?
    He is currently using Chrome - and this is working - but I would like to solve the problem - not ignore it.

Amber

Saturday, March 11, 2017 8:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is the user on a domain network? Do they use folder redirects to a shared drive for their Personal folders? (usually G drive). What windows version are they using? What windows version is their file server that stores the user data on? What permissions do the shared folders have?

What type of files are they trying to attach? eg. pdf

Regards.

Rob^_^

Saturday, March 11, 2017 9:17 PM