none
Does Adobe Acrobat's "Create PDF > From Webpage" feature work for authenticated SharePoint sites? RRS feed

• Question

• I just started to troubleshoot this issue, but we're getting an "Authorization Failure" error when trying to create a PDF of a Sharepoint site.  Our systems are behind a switch and we have iisadmpwd installed.  Can anyone create a PDF of their SharePoint site using Acrobat's Create PDF > From Webpage feature or is it just us?

I plan to try to PDF some WWW SP sites, authenticated and not, to troubleshoot, but I thought I'd throw this out here to see if I can get some help first.  Thanks for reading,

-Richard.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think you can do it for anonymous public facing internet sites.

You can try using some other softwares like Bull Zip PDFcreator etc. 

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, to achieve your goal you need to make sure you have installed a program which can create pdf, second, you need to modify DOCICON.xml file like the following:

<Mapping Key="aspx" Value="ichtm.gif" EditText="Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer" OpenControl="SharePoint.OpenDocuments"/>

For more information about how to modify DOCICON.xml, check out the following article:

http://mstechsharing.blogspot.com/2012/03/article-3-edit-pdf-with-adobe-adobe.html

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:41 AM
  • Thanks for the response.  We are looking for a "crawler" type of PDF creator, one that will start at a URL and navigate through a website (perhaps X levels down) and automatically create a PDF of an "entire" site.  I took only a quick look at Bull Zip, and it appears to do one page at a time.

-Richard.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:19 PM
  • I appreciate the help, but I think you misunderstood what I am trying to do.  I am trying, from a desktop, to create a PDF of an entire SharePoint website.  The Adobe Acrobat software works fine for most sites, but not for SharePoint sites (or at least our Intranet sites.)

We did a little testing, and some public facing SharePoint sites are PDF'able, but not all of them, so it may not be just our Intranet configuration...

-Richard.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:25 PM
  • Here's an update base on some testing.  We can successfully crawl and PDF public SharePoint sites.  However, we can't get the Acrobat authentication to work on our Intranet sites.  The next step is to try accessing some SharePoint sites on the WWW that require authentication...
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:45 PM
  • Wondering if you were ever able to figure out how to get Acrobat authentication to work. I'm trying to convert a password-protected SharePoint site (2007) to pdf for archival purposes before the site gets nuked from the dev server. I'm working with Acrobat XI Pro on Win 8. Help much appreciated.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:33 PM
  • Did you manage to crawl the sharepoint site with some sort of PDF converter ? trying to do the same thing to get a copy of Sharepoint site that is getting discontinued. 
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:58 AM