none
Need advice on how to change user account sittings from adminstrator to standard RRS feed

• Question

• I need some advice on changing my user account profile from administrator to standard account. I accidentially checked administrator when there is already an administrator assigned to my computer. thanks
    • Moved by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, June 17, 2017 6:11 PM Not a CM07 Q
    Saturday, June 17, 2017 3:21 AM

All replies

• I need some advice on changing my user account profile from administrator to standard account. I accidentially checked administrator when there is already an administrator assigned to my computer. thanks

It's ok to have several accounts with Administrator permissions, it depends upon how you choose to manage/control who-can-do-what on a shared PC.

If you want to change (promote or demote) an account, here's a guide for Win10:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6917-change-account-type-windows-10-a.html

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Saturday, June 17, 2017 6:29 AM
  • Hi ,

You can remove the user account from Administrators group. Do not remove all the user accounts from Administrators group, we need at least one enabled administrator account on the system.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 1:54 AM