Can anyone tell me how to fix my Service Request Completed Notification to show the completion notes from all Activities? RRS feed

• Question

• As it is now, it only shows the notes from one activity, the others are blanks separated by semicolons, see below. I would like to show the Completed Message for all activities. I am pretty sure it is supposed to do it, since the semi colons change depending on how many activities I have attached, but I cannot find where to fix this. This is the notification to the affected user.

Service request action activities 
    Activity Notes: testing; ; ; 
    This is an automated messaged sent from System Center Service Manager

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 12:07 AM

Answers

• Not really no. For some reason there are no OOTB relationship between top-parent workitem and child activities, I think this is much needed.

However, you can create this relationship via a powershell/runbook workflow yourself.

Check this post for more info:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/f060140e-f49a-41bf-aa03-2b0a0e0e0b30/activity-questions?forum=systemcenterservicemanager#65f76bb8-072f-4343-9e5d-882151646d22

(This is going from Activity to top-parent workitem, you might need to alter it going the other way).

I'm not sure the affected user would like to see all those Notes though, but that's another question :)

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:36 AM

All replies

• Here's the email template that is being used. And while finding this and reading it, it occurs to me that most my activities are inside a parallel container within this service request, and even some sequential containers inside my parallel. Is it possible to add to this code, so that it grabs those activity notes to?

Service Request [$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$] has been resolved:
    <br>
    <br>
    <b>Assigned To: </b> $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItemAssignedToUser' TypeConstraint='System!System.User']$?$DisplayName$?
    <br>
    <b>Affected User:</b> $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItemAffectedUser' TypeConstraint='System!System.User']$?$DisplayName$?
    <br>
    <b>Title:</b> $Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Title$
    <br>
    <b>Description: </b>$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Description$
    <br>
    <b>Resolved Date:</b> $Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_ServiceRequest_Library!System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest']/CompletedDate$
    <br><br>
    <b>Service request action activities</b>
    <br>
    <b>Status:</b> $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItem.Activity']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItem.Activity']/Status$
    <br>
    <b>Activity Notes:</b> $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItem.Activity']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItem.Activity']/Notes$
    <br>
    This is an automated messaged sent from System Center Service Manager

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 12:15 AM
  • Not really no. For some reason there are no OOTB relationship between top-parent workitem and child activities, I think this is much needed.

However, you can create this relationship via a powershell/runbook workflow yourself.

Check this post for more info:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/f060140e-f49a-41bf-aa03-2b0a0e0e0b30/activity-questions?forum=systemcenterservicemanager#65f76bb8-072f-4343-9e5d-882151646d22

(This is going from Activity to top-parent workitem, you might need to alter it going the other way).

I'm not sure the affected user would like to see all those Notes though, but that's another question :)

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:36 AM