none
MV object connectors are auto-deleted when i use IMVSynchronization.Provision() method RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i have notice that when i call IMVSynchronization.Provision() connectors that i created in a previous full synchronization, are auto-deleted.

Auto-deleted

Why this happens?

Thanks!
    Massimiliano C.

Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

this is by design, I assume you did not export this object to the MA but instead run another Full sync ?

In fact the are not only deleted but also add, so called Delete/adds.

In the sync details should should see disconnects and connects for this object until you export it.

Do I see that right in the screenshot that you do have seperate MAs for Import and Export to AD ? Why ?

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Massimiliano C Sunday, February 26, 2017 6:38 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

this is by design, I assume you did not export this object to the MA but instead run another Full sync ?

In fact the are not only deleted but also add, so called Delete/adds.

In the sync details should should see disconnects and connects for this object until you export it.

Do I see that right in the screenshot that you do have seperate MAs for Import and Export to AD ? Why ?

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Massimiliano C Sunday, February 26, 2017 6:38 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 9:17 AM
  • Hi Peter,

yes, i did not run an export in AD_MA_Export and SQL_MA_Export MAs, instead i run another full sync because i expected to have an unchanged element rather then those FIM "by-design" things.

Sorry but i am a little newbie on FIM. Can you link me some reading about this stuff? Im very thank to you!

However, i have 2 separeted MAs because i studied FIM on Kent Nordström Handbook and he raccomanded to separate inbound and outbound rule for same CDS to have "more control" on those operations (Chapter 5 User Management->Managing user in Active Directory-> Provision users to AD -> Synchronization rule).

That's right?

Also, can you give me other reading about "by-design" FIM things like that? That's a tricky product! :D

Thanks a lot, have a good day!

Massimiliano C.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 6:38 PM
  • Hi Massimiliano,

Great that you read my book! But I think you might missread that part. I do think it's a good idea to have separate Synchronization Rules but you should only have ONE Management Agent for each system. In your image it looks like you have many connectors for the objects where you should basically have 2 one i each system (AD and SQL).

If you post some more details herabout your setup I'm (and others) will do our best to help you get going woth your FIM/MIM.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:30 PM
  • Hi Kent! It's awasome that you answered my question :D

Sorry i guess that my missunderstanding happened because i use only FIM Sync Service in my lab environment, so i separated inbound\outbound rule by creating 2 MAs like a donkey.

Howhever, i'm studing in a lab in which i have 2 CDSs: AD DS and SQL Server.

My goal is to import data from AD (AD_Import MA) and a SQL Table (SQL_Import MA), do some things through extension rules and export changing on the CDSs (AD_Export and SQL_MAs.
    I also provisioning new users on AD and SQL table.

Can you give me some advice (and reading\link too)? :) 

Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:29 PM
  • First of all you need to have only 1 MA per system in your case. Importing or Exporting data is managed using the Attribute Flow in each. Since you don't seem to have FIMService running you cannot use declarative Inbound and Outbound rules defined in FIMService. 

So One MA for AD and One MA for SQL

Then decide if only on or both is projecting new users to MV. Usually new users only appears in one of the two.

Define Join criteria to make sure users don't get duplicated in Metaverse.

Build a Metaverse Extension to enable Provisioning of new users in the system not projection it.

Configure Attribute Flows and maybe Rules Extensions to flow attributes in preferred ways.

Be aware to look at the Precedence settings in Metaverse designer to make sure the correct system is handled as Master for each attribute in case you have inbound (import) flows from both MAs for some attributes.

Afraid I don't have link showing this at my hand. But since this is the basic scenario for Sync Service I would guess there is examples on TechNet.

Monday, February 27, 2017 6:59 AM
  • Thank you so much for your valuable advice! :)

Have a good day!
    Massimiliano C.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:04 AM