Forefront/SQL Question RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed MSSQL on a Windows 2003 server in preparation for an Forefront install. When I tried to verify my connection to the Forefront Report Server I received an error when trying that states that it could not access the URL. The remote server returned an error (500) internal server error. What are some things that I can troubleshoot?
    Monday, January 10, 2011 4:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

To use an existing installation of SQL Server, when running the Client Security Setup wizard, provide the server location. You still must use SQL Server 2005 with SP2 or SP1. In addition, the existing installation must not have a OnePoint or SystemCenterReporting database. (These are created as part of the Client Security installation.)

In this case, you may uninstall all SQL componenets and then reinstall all the SQL componenets together, then restart the server, install SQL SP1, and then restart again.

Does it work?

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Friday, January 28, 2011 1:59 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

To use an existing installation of SQL Server, when running the Client Security Setup wizard, provide the server location. You still must use SQL Server 2005 with SP2 or SP1. In addition, the existing installation must not have a OnePoint or SystemCenterReporting database. (These are created as part of the Client Security installation.)

In this case, you may uninstall all SQL componenets and then reinstall all the SQL componenets together, then restart the server, install SQL SP1, and then restart again.

Does it work?

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Friday, January 28, 2011 1:59 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Miles,

I did uninstall and am now able to verify connectivity. NOW I have a collection database issue. I haven't serached the forum yet but I am receiving a 'Collection Database Installation Error'. Can you provide some possible solutions for this?

Thanks,
    Jay

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:13 PM
  • Miles,

I was able to work through this issue but now have another :-(. I could not get MOM to install from the setup disk so I activated it manually. I am stuck on the screen where it asks for a DAS account logon. I have tried 'known' DAS accounts and others - the response is consistently ' Account Verification Error'. Any suggestions??

Jay
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:41 PM