none
Calendar exceptions for a resource doesn't show on Timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am planning to import our resource's time-off days (vacation, ill-time) to Project Server 2010 from another system (ERP) through a scheduled job.

The solution I'd like to implement is to programmatically set time-off days as Resource Calendar Exceptions though PSI. One problem that I have found is that resource calendar exceptions doesn't show on Timesheet like ordinary Enterprise calendar exceptions. 

Steps to reproduce that:

- Create a sample project with one task starting next week.

- Assign a Enterprise resource to that task.

- Edit the resource through Project Pro, to set some days of the next week as calendar exceptions.

- Save the resource to Project Server.

- Open the sample project and check that the original task has been planned again taking into account the new calendar exceptions.

- Close and publish the sample plan.

- Log on as the resource edited in PWA

- Open the Timesheet for the period with the time-off days. The days marked as calendar exceptions doesn't show different than any other day, and you can introduce hours worked for that days.

The expected result is that those days appear as the other non-labour days and filling data into them isn't allowed.

Basic config info: 

- Project Server 2010 June 2011 CU

- Not using Single Entry Mode

Thanks

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 2:33 PM

All replies

• This is by design.  I believe it is a good design decision because it is possible that a resource will sometimes work on a "non-labour" day.

Consider the scenario in which a PM assigns a special calendar to a task and checks the box to ignore the resource calendar.  This might happen in the case of a special activity, such as a system cutover, that must occur during non-labour times.

In this scenario, it would be undesirable for the timesheet did not allow the resource to record time on a non-labour day.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Sunday, April 8, 2012 2:41 PM