Tablet PC Problem RRS feed

• Question

• The problem appear couple of days ago. After hibernate or sleep, the touch screen and the pen function is gone. Which means that I cannot use touch or pen to nevigate the PC. I've tried restart the PC, or shut down the PC, the same situation still happen. The only solution that I found is to restore the PC.

My tablet PC is
    Toshiba M700 13A

Also the system is:
    Windows 7 7100 64bits

Also please have a check the previous post regarding the pen input problem.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/fea88f6c-3be0-4d3f-836a-8c2118bbdc9d/

Thanks, and regards
    Friday, September 4, 2009 10:50 PM

Answers

• Try going to the Toshiba website and installing the drivers for the tablet function for your computer. (Assuming they provide them for download.) I had to do that with my HP tx2500 and it's running smoothly now. Make sure you install Vista versions of the drivers.

If you are still having issues, open msconfig via Run, select the Services tab and tick 'Hide all Microsoft Services'. If your Toshiba runs Wacom technology, there may be two Wacom services present. Disable the one that is called 'Wacom Touch Service' manufactured by 'Unknown'. Restart as prompted.

This above is at least what I had to do to get things to work correctly with my HP.  I hope I've helped in any way.
    da page :B
    • Proposed as answer by Brian Borg Sunday, September 6, 2009 1:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, October 2, 2009 7:57 AM
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 12:08 AM

All replies

• Try going to the Toshiba website and installing the drivers for the tablet function for your computer. (Assuming they provide them for download.) I had to do that with my HP tx2500 and it's running smoothly now. Make sure you install Vista versions of the drivers.

If you are still having issues, open msconfig via Run, select the Services tab and tick 'Hide all Microsoft Services'. If your Toshiba runs Wacom technology, there may be two Wacom services present. Disable the one that is called 'Wacom Touch Service' manufactured by 'Unknown'. Restart as prompted.

This above is at least what I had to do to get things to work correctly with my HP.  I hope I've helped in any way.
    da page :B
    • Proposed as answer by Brian Borg Sunday, September 6, 2009 1:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, October 2, 2009 7:57 AM
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 12:08 AM
  • The driver is already downloadedd from Toshiba. Also, I went to msconfig just now, and found that there is only one Wacom (yes, the Toshiba runs on Wacom) services and it is "Wacom Touch Service".
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 10:10 AM