none
Outlook 2016 UI transparency bug RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Outlook 2016 64-bit. Often, when switching to or maximizing the Outlook window, there'll be a UI glitch that makes elements of the interface transparent. You can see in the sample image. Disabling hardware graphics acceleration does not solve the problem, contrary to some suggestions. My Outlook is apparently up-to-date.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and applying repairs or fixes, but nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions on how to solve this are greatly appreciated.

Sunday, August 11, 2019 9:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this problem only happen on Outlook? How about other office apps? What specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?

In this situation, it is suggested to upgrade your graphics driver to the latest version and see if there is any difference.

Besides, there is a workaround for you: Drag another application over the entire screen area that the Outlook window occupied.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Thank you for your response. This only happens in Outlook (I also have OneNote, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and it doesn't happen with them.)

The problem occurs when I have Outlook minimized or in the background, and then I switch to the program and have it in the foreground. I tried to upload a picture, but apparently I can't because my account here isn't verified or something.

My drivers are all up-to-date.

Right now I'm experimenting with safe mode.

Monday, August 12, 2019 4:13 PM
  • Hi,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, August 16, 2019 7:16 AM