none
when I try to install Windows 10 or 8.1, the tablet's touch screen does not work!

Question

• Hello
    I have a Lenovo tablet (yoga tab 2) it was installed Windows 8.1
    During upgrade to Windows 10, it turns off and then sends the following error message:

A require device isn't connected or can't be accessed.
    Error code: 0xc000000f

Now when I try to install Windows 10 or 8.1 (with a bootable flash), after knowing the flash, and in the first step (in language selection), the tablet's touch screen does not work.
    I tried many times but I did not get any results.
    I'm glad if a friend guides me.
    Thanks

Friday, June 01, 2018 4:14 PM

All replies

• So, 

Your error is actually quite a pain to repair, how comfortable are you with creating a PE boot disk and using command line to correct the issue? 

If you aren't i would suggest either reaching out to the manufacture, or paying to have it fixed, or depending on how old it is, purchasing a new machine.. 

The error you have is likely the BSOD error for a hardware failure, or driver failure, incompatibility, which could be a failing touch screen itself.. 

Do you have a USB keyboard and mouse plugged into it during the process? 

Friday, June 01, 2018 4:30 PM
  • Windows is not installed on my tablet now.
    This happens before the installation of Windows, when it occurs in the first installment (when I select the language to start).
    But I can not choose the language to go to the next step, because the touch screen does not work.
    This also happens during install Windows 8.1
    Friday, June 01, 2018 4:39 PM
  • Do you have a keyboard and mouse plugged into the system? 

Rob

Friday, June 01, 2018 4:43 PM
  • my tablet is Lenovo (yoga tab 2) and It has a Bluetooth keyboard that does not work when installing Windows (requires installing a driver after Windows installation) and a miniUSB port where the flash is installed to install windows . And it does not support USB mouse and keyboard.

Friday, June 01, 2018 4:52 PM
  • You will need an adapter, and connect a mouse and keyboard.. It sounds like the drivers for the touch screen are 3rd party and not installed with the OS installation disk.. 

You have a few options.. 

1. You can purchase a Micro or Mini USB to USB adapter and run a physical keyboard and mouse.. Or.. 

2. You can download on another computer NTLite, create an ISO (If you don't already have one) of the OS, You will also need at least a 16GB USB 3.0 Thumb Drive (Flash drive). Then using the NTLite software you can package the Drivers for the Bluetooth Devices, and touch screen into the package, and install it from that.. 

I am unaware of any other way around your issue unfortunately, unless you built the recovery disk when you bought the machine, or you have the original installation software that came with it.. 

You can get NTLite here: 

https://www.ntlite.com/

You can use Youtube to watch how-to videos on how to use it for help if need be.. But it's not overly complicated. 

Rob

Friday, June 01, 2018 4:59 PM
  • I had already tried the first way and had not done it.

But now I try another way and inform the result.

Thanks

Saturday, June 02, 2018 7:44 AM
  • If you use the 2nd option, make sure you extract the drivers using 7zip or some other software, i use 7zip, you need the Cab files, not the EXE, you won't be able to run EXE files on the OS installation.. 

Some of the Manufacturers do an extraction from an EXE file rather than an install, which would be much easier.. 

But if it doesn't you can use 7zip.. If you run into any issues let me know, and i will do my best to walk you through it.. 

Rob

Monday, June 04, 2018 5:42 PM