Is it possible to do in Powershell - Add content to an AutoCAD file? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone

So our internal client has another challenging request, they would like to add "automatically" the "Name" of a document **IN** an autocad file.

Background

Sharepoint Enterprise 2010 / Workflows created using Sharepoint Designer 2010

I created a document library for the user to upload their Autocad documents. The "Name" column of the document library is automatically updated after the document is uploaded - updating done by a Sharepoint Designer workflow. The Name column = Field1+Field2+IDOfDocumentLibrary.

Client request

Once document is updload, the "system" must copy the value that is in the "Name" column and add it to the Autocad document. I have yet to confirm the exact location in the document.

Question

Is this request possible to do in Powershell or I need to use another programming language to achieve this?

Thank you all in advance

• Edited by Fiyo Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:28 AM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:28 AM

Answers

• Hello,

the short answer would be 'it depends'. The question is how the name attribute is saved in the AutoCAD document. Without this knowledge nobody can tell you if it is possible or not, nether for powershell or any other language.

Regards,

Olaf

• Marked as answer by Fiyo Sunday, January 3, 2016 8:43 AM
    Sunday, January 3, 2016 3:07 AM
  • I suggest that you need to post this question in the AutoCad forums.  SHare point has no facilities to update Autoad documents.

\_(ツ)_/

hi jrv

my question is if Powershell is able to do the job or not

thanks

Only AutoCAD can answer that for you as AC uses proprietary formats for its files.  AC has a set of PowerShell modules that might do what you ask but you have to post in their forum to find out how to use the AC utilities.  PowerShell has no support for AC.  As a tech you should know this.  If you are not a tech then ask your support and admin people to help you.

\_(ツ)_/

Sunday, January 3, 2016 8:13 AM

All replies

• I suggest that you need to post this question in the AutoCad forums.  SHare point has no facilities to update Autoad documents.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:07 AM

\_(ツ)_/

hi jrv

thanks

Sunday, January 3, 2016 2:35 AM
  • Hello,

the short answer would be 'it depends'. The question is how the name attribute is saved in the AutoCAD document. Without this knowledge nobody can tell you if it is possible or not, nether for powershell or any other language.

Regards,

Olaf

Sunday, January 3, 2016 3:07 AM

\_(ツ)_/

hi jrv

thanks

Only AutoCAD can answer that for you as AC uses proprietary formats for its files.  AC has a set of PowerShell modules that might do what you ask but you have to post in their forum to find out how to use the AC utilities.  PowerShell has no support for AC.  As a tech you should know this.  If you are not a tech then ask your support and admin people to help you.

\_(ツ)_/

Sunday, January 3, 2016 8:13 AM