none
MIM 2016 SP1 - Portal Layout is broken after SP1 Update RRS feed

• Question

• After applying Service Pack 1 to our existing MIM 2016 server, the MIM Portal is a mess. I cannot search for users anymore or really do anything in the portal.

- We have Kerberos Auth configured for the portal (Which this article - http://www.harbar.net/articles/fimportal.aspx) alludes to being the cause... although with Kerberos on in SP0, we never had this rendering issue.

- SharePoint Foundation 2013 SP1 (no further updates) is installed

- SQL Server 2014 SP2 backend

- All Running Windows Server 2012 R2

- Trying to open the portal with IE11 in Server 2012 R2 or even Windows 10 (IE/Google Chrome) - same issue. I actually built a new MIM environment alongside to test and I can recreate this behaviour with a fresh install... I can't be the only person having this issue?

Help!?

Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:37 AM

Answers

• Just to update this thread, in case someone else stumbles across this. We resolved this by turning off the IIS Redirection on the root of the MIM Portal IIS website, which was mentioned in that above article. Don't use IIS redirect for the root page!

Hope this helps anyone else out here.

-Stef

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 5:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Stefano,

I take it you can access the portal, but it's not functional?

Please try clearing (hard) your web browser cache.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, November 2, 2017 7:30 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Yes, access to the portal is fine although not functional. I have tried it from different computers and have the same result. I have tried clearing the cache and it still doesn't work.

What I have done is built another Server 2012 R2 VM, installed SP2013SP1 and MIM2016SP1 Portal onto it and the portal works fine now. Really strange, because I cannot be 100% certain that the issue was with the Service Pack, because I am sure a lot of other people would be complaining.

I think there was something not right with our existing Portal install.

I will now wipe the install off the original server, reinstall and add it to the farm of the new server and see how we go.

-Stefano

Friday, November 3, 2017 2:54 AM
  • Just to update this thread, in case someone else stumbles across this. We resolved this by turning off the IIS Redirection on the root of the MIM Portal IIS website, which was mentioned in that above article. Don't use IIS redirect for the root page!

Hope this helps anyone else out here.

-Stef

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 5:13 AM