none
Creating Windows 10 Firewall GPO Rules on a Windows 7 System

Question

• I'm writing a new GPO for firewall policy in preparation for corporate-wide Windows 10 deployment.

I'm on a Windows 7 workstation, is there a way to get Windows 10 Firewall rules on my system?

P.S: I've already added the Windows 10 ADMX files and it didn't add those rules (though it did apply and add other Win 10 Settings)

Monday, December 12, 2016 5:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean that the Windows 7 computer did not get the Windows 10 Firewall rules but applied other Windows 10 settings?

Please use gpresult /r and rsop.msc on a client system to make sure that your GPO is applied correctly.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 7:32 AM
  • > I'm on a Windows 7 workstation, is there a way to get Windows 10 Firewall rules on my system?

No. Firewall rules are not part of gpedit.msc, but of wf.msc. So to get access to the Win 10 predefined rules, you need to edit your GPO on a Win 10 computer.

> P.S: I've already added the Windows 10 ADMX files and it didn't add those rules (though it did apply and add other Win 10 Settings)

ADMX only populates the "Administrative Templates" node in gpedit.msc.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 11:52 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 26, 2016 3:48 AM