I can't Install VISTA ULTIMATE x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problem with my installation. I have windows XP sp2 32-bit. My proccessor is 64bit. I want to install VISTA x64 but the setup won't allow me to update it. When i run vista cd from windows it says something like: "not valid win32 application".

When i boot from VISTA cd, and when i run CUSTOM instalation i got this message: "No drives were found. Click load drivers to provide a mass storage drivers for installation".

My motherboard is  Gigabyte mark "GA-8I945P-G-RH". And as far as i see on there support site there is RAID drivers to download but couldn't find that for VISTA.

Can someone help me? What drivers i need to load, to install vista succsesfully.

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards, Nebojsa

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:02 AM

All replies

•  

I don't believe you can do an upgrade from xp 32-bit to Vista 64-bit. You can only do a wipe and load.

If you want to do an upgrade from within Windows XP, it's 32 to 32 or 64 to 64 only.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:56 AM
  •  

Well Thanks , but the biggest problem still stands. My ITE IT8212  ATA RAID Controller. Is that mass storage device that i  should look drivers for vista ? Because Vista setup won't recongnize my hard drive. I really don't know what drivers to load, and i went on gigabyte support site and there is no vista drivers for RAID for my motherboard.

Btw, i don't use RAID, i have just 1 disk , 2 partitions. In BIOS Setup there is RAID CONTROLLER can be: RAID or SATA. i use SATA. maybe thats the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Nebojsa

Thursday, July 26, 2007 8:39 AM
  •  

You can copy the XP drivers out to a CD or a thumb drive..

Boot off of the Vista CD and then when it asks for the storage driver, point it to the thumb drive or the second cd drive that has the xp driver for it and then then HDD should be detected. (1 reboot may be required after the partition is created).

Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:19 PM