Exchange Unified Messaging 2013 Personal Operator Extension RRS feed

• Question

• I have defined a personal operator extension for a user in Exchange Unified Messaging.  The way I understand this to work is that the caller is supposed to press '0' while the greeting is being played and the call will then be transferred to the extension defined.  However, this is not the case.  When I press '0', nothing happens, and the greeting continues to play.  
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 12:48 AM

All replies

• Anyone?  I still have not been able to figure this one out....
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:32 PM
  • You didn't meantion what version of UM you are running.  Is Lync EV involved here?

Are you sure the UM user isn't using Call Answering rules, or has recorded and selected Greeting that lets callers know I'll be away for an extended period of time"?

Is the personal operator extension length the same as the UM users?  Does the personal operator extension happen to be in the same UM Dial Plan as the UM user?  Can you transfer to that personal operator extension from a UM AA?  Can you use this personal operator extension on some other UM mailbox in the same UM Dial Plan?

• Edited by Eric Stoddard Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:22 PM character changes
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:21 PM