none
FIM WMI Query RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to query the MIIS_CSObject class for a specific user. When I use the domain and account name combination I get no results but when using the MaGuid and DN combination I do get the user. Using WMI Explorer I see that the user has no entries in domain or account.  I would like to use domain and account name combination since my current solution is build around this query. How would I populate these fields?

Monday, June 2, 2014 6:46 AM

Answers

• Good day JJ,

Apologies, but I do not know how to get these value populated. I can however try to offer another possible solution. When I implemented a similar search a few years ago at a customer we used the FIM Sync Database to get the correct MVGuid to complete the query. (Since the most metadata was already in the FIMSync DB).

Thus:

1) Connect directly to the FIMSync DB and do a search for the user (remember to do the query (WITH (NOLOCK))

2) Use the domain\user to gain the correct MVGUID

3) Use the MVGuid in the WMI provider to find the user

Hope this helps

Almero Steyn (http://www.puttyq.com) [If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or "Helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.]

• Marked as answer by JJ Dominicus Monday, June 2, 2014 12:41 PM
    Monday, June 2, 2014 7:01 AM