none
Export to Excel with subtasks in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a project with summary tasks and sub tasks in Project Server 2013. After exporting all tasks to excel, all tasks are in same outline level(i.e. it is not in the hierarchial structure as shown in MS Project).

Is it possible to show the same structure in Excel as well?

K.Gokulraj

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 6:03 AM

All replies

• Hi K. Gokulraj,

I would export the Outline level too, and then run a macro to indent each task depending on the Outline level.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:23 AM
  • Hi,

Can you let me know how to do that?

K.Gokulraj

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:48 AM
  • Just insert the "outline level" column in the view's table. Then click on "save as", select the XLS workbook format to open the Excel export wizard. Here you'll have 2 options: either you choose to directly export the data with the current table columns or you can create your own map choosing the required fields.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:32 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your information.

Actually I don't want the columns, I need the hierarchical structure(with indents and outdents, like WBS)display in excel sheet.

Is that possible?

Regards,

K.Gokulraj

K.Gokulraj

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 5:33 AM
  • It is not possible out-of-the-box. As Ben suggested, I'd export the raw data with the outline level and run some macro to manage the hierarchical structure. Note that Excel is not meant to do such things, that's why project exists.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 6:59 AM
  • You will have to use the Selection.InsertIndent depending on the Outline level.  If I get the time I might just work out the macro.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:50 AM