UAG 2010 no internet access RRS feed

• Question

• I ahve successfully set up DA not using UAG and I needed to have have users talk to non-windows 2008 boxes so I have now installed UAG 2010 and after configuration and reboot I have no remote access to the UAG box and the UAG box is showing that it has no internet connection from either NIC? Help
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:13 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure what you mean by "showing that it has no internet connection". A UAG server is, in it's foundation, a router, so the configuration of the NICs is very important. If the situation is that you are unable to reach computers that are outside the UAG server, it might be some configuration conflict. Please go over your IP configuration and make sure it's valid, and then run the UAG getting started wizard to let the server know which card is external and which is internal. Don't forget to ACTIVATE the configuration afterwards.

If, after this, there is still no connectivity, it's possible that there's a configuration in TMG that is blocking access. When UAG is installed on a server, it includes TMG, which is a firewall. TMG configures various access rules, and it's possible that the NICs were configured beforehand in a way that caused the new firewall access rules to block access completely. Open the TMG configuration console on the server, and go to the Monitoring tab. This tab will let you see if traffic is being blocked by TMG, and is so, which rule is causing this blockage.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:08 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:08 PM

All replies

• Dear Debi

I personal experiants is that the sometime sya he hasn't internet, but if I open een browser internet is working. Thid you test this? Can you ping to a IP number on the internet? Yes, you have internet, no. Thid you run the UAG wizard at the end of teh installation? You nee to do this.
    Martijn B.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:16 PM
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "showing that it has no internet connection". A UAG server is, in it's foundation, a router, so the configuration of the NICs is very important. If the situation is that you are unable to reach computers that are outside the UAG server, it might be some configuration conflict. Please go over your IP configuration and make sure it's valid, and then run the UAG getting started wizard to let the server know which card is external and which is internal. Don't forget to ACTIVATE the configuration afterwards.

If, after this, there is still no connectivity, it's possible that there's a configuration in TMG that is blocking access. When UAG is installed on a server, it includes TMG, which is a firewall. TMG configures various access rules, and it's possible that the NICs were configured beforehand in a way that caused the new firewall access rules to block access completely. Open the TMG configuration console on the server, and go to the Monitoring tab. This tab will let you see if traffic is being blocked by TMG, and is so, which rule is causing this blockage.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:08 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:08 PM
  • When I look at the screen, in the systray is my icon that represents my internet connections- when I hover over it, I get the information that neither nic has access to the internet. I have one internal and one external nic card. I have run the wizard and activated the config. I will take a look at TMG and see if I can figure out if anythign is being blocked. I have rerun the wizrd and verified the settings. They are the same ip etc.... that I was using for DA which worked fine.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:21 PM