none
Updated Calendar meetings Revert back to normal RRS feed

• Question

Outlook Version 2016 MSO 16.0.46.39.1000

Updated Calendar meetings Revert back to normal when created and modified by a delegate.

Person A is a delegate for person B

Person A has  the permission of Publish Editor for Person B

Person A creates a meeting behalf of Person B using a distribution group.

Person A updates the meeting location and  on behalf of Person B

Attendees who received the meeting invitation accept the new meeting changes

Using Outlook Exchange Admin, we verified that people did receive the invite.

Screenshots (not posted) of acceptance of meeting invites shows attendees received the updated information for time and location.

Looking at several attendee's calendars we see that the time and location has been changed even though they accepted the new changes.

Is there any ideas on what can be done ?

Friday, July 12, 2019 11:04 PM

Answers

• After ending the calendar meeting.  
    I had the user create a new recurring calendar and set the end date for 10 years, instead of NEVER.

Testings shows that updated changes to the meeting does not revert.

• Marked as answer by Mattnezz Alt Monday, September 23, 2019 8:25 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 8:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> Looking at several attendee's calendars we see that the time and location has been changed even though they accepted the new changes.

Do you mean that even they accepted the new changes, the calendar revert to the original calendar? Does everyone have this problem or some people?

Has user B operated this meeting request in the above process?

In this case, we need to check whether this is a client issue or a server issue, so it is suggested to test in OWA and see if the issue can be reproduced. If it work as the way it was supposed to in OWA, please start your Outlook in online mode and test again, if it also work well in online mode, then please recreate (rename/delete) your OST file and see if there is any difference.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 15, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Hello Aidan,

Do you mean that even they accepted the new changes, the calendar revert to the original calendar? 

In response to this question: I have not been able to observe the calendar at the moment the changes are accepted.  All i know is the calendar was accepted and the calendar meeting did not have any changes applied or it may have reverted.

Does everyone have this problem or some people?To my knowledge all people invited to the meeting has the same outcome of their calendar entry did not change after accepting a new meeting update.

More information.

Person A created the recurring meeting in 2015 on Person's B Calendar.  

This meeting has been modified numerous times on other months using "just this one" ( not series) and either time or location gets changed.

Our outlook is running in Cached mode and is on the cloud.

There is another person who is a delegate for Person A and they never had this happen to them.

I will look into deleting the OST file or trying to reproduce this issue.

Our Exchange Admin recommends re-imaging Person B's computer.  I wil try your suggestions afterwards.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:51 PM
  • Hi,

How is everything going? Have you got the issue fixed?

>> To my knowledge all people invited to the meeting has the same outcome of their calendar entry did not change after accepting a new meeting update.
    According to your description, this issue should be related to the user who sent the meeting request.

So it is also suggested to remove the delegate access of A and re-add it.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:24 AM
  • I decided to try deleting the OST file first instead of Re-Imaging.

The recurring meeting is actually weekly every Thursday.

So this week on Thursday they will make either a Time change or a location change. 

At that time, we will know if anything goes wrong.

Saturday, July 20, 2019 12:16 AM
  • Hi Mattnezz,

Thanks for your reply.

>> At that time, we will know if anything goes wrong.

If there is any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, July 22, 2019 8:37 AM
  • Hi Mattnezz,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

What's the result of deleting OST?

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 9:31 AM
  • Looks like the person was out on Thursday ( today) and they were not able to set a location and time duration change to the recurring meeting.

We'll have to wait for next week.

Another delegate was able to do it today since the main person was out and there were no complaints from our Executive staff.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:47 PM
  • Hi Mattnezz,

Thanks for your reply.

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

If there is any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, July 29, 2019 1:31 AM
  • The person who is a delegate went on vacation and I was unable to get her to change a detail of a meeting.

I have been directed to REimage her computer.

Sorry for the trouble.

I hope that works out too.

Monday, August 5, 2019 10:39 PM
  • After Reimaging the computer,

The delegate changed teh weekly recurring meeting's location 2 days prior to the meeting date.

On the day of the meeting the meeting somehow reverted before the updated changes.

I have asked for the calendar to be deleted and remade with a Series recurring meeting and 10 year end time limit.

I will test in 2 weeks to see if location or time updates get reverted. 

Monday, August 26, 2019 9:18 PM
  • After ending the calendar meeting.  
    I had the user create a new recurring calendar and set the end date for 10 years, instead of NEVER.

Testings shows that updated changes to the meeting does not revert.

• Marked as answer by Mattnezz Alt Monday, September 23, 2019 8:25 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 8:25 PM